Last updated July 6, 2021
For the 2021 Season, we are at capacity for Regular, Temporary and August memberships. Please see the application below to join the waitlist for 2022.
Our Regular Membership renewal is open until April 15th, and, once the Regular Membership renewal period is over, we will know how many additional openings we will have for the season.
Temporary Memberships will be offered, subject to availability, once the entire waitlist has had a Regular Membership offer extended. Per our club by-laws, we can only offer Temporary Memberships to offset vacancies so there is no guarantee that Temporary Memberships will be offered in any season.
Please submit the Membership Application to join the wait list and apply for membership at Kent Gardens. For Regular and Temporary Memberships, a $50 Application/Wait List Fee may be assessed, if applicable. This fee does not apply to August Memberships and is waived for former holders of Temporary and August memberships.
Thanks for your interest in joining Kent Gardens Recreation Club. The following membership categories are available:
- Regular Membership: Regular members are eligible to vote in meetings of the corporation, as permitted in the by-laws and have guaranteed renewal before April 15th. Regular memberships are non-transferrable and are void if not renewed each year or inactivated by payment of the inactivity fee.
- Temporary Membership: Temporary memberships are subject to availability, based on the number of inactive or vacant memberships that we have for the season. If you are interested in a Temporary Membership, you should submit the Membership Application, which may entail joining the Wait List. These memberships do not convey renewal or voting privileges and Temporary members interested in another season of temporary membership must re-apply. It is recommended that you re-apply via the Membership Application at the end of the current season.
- August Membership: An August membership is a pro-rated temporary membership for non-members or inactive members. August memberships do not convey renewal or voting privileges and must re-apply via the wait-list for membership. August memberships have access to the pool facilities from August 1st until the final day of the season.
- Dolphin Membership: These are limited to past members with ten consecutive years of membership. The cost is $150 per person, limit two per household. Dolphin members are granted access to the pool on twenty days over the course of the season. While these memberships do not convey voting privileges, Dolphin members will automatically be offered another Dolphin Membership the following season and may also apply for re-instatement of their Regular Membership by payment of the applicable re-instatement fees. Dolphin Members are not eligible to participate on the swim and dive teams.
- Dive Membership: Dive memberships do not convey renewal or voting privileges and must reapply on a yearly basis. These memberships are limited to members of other pools that do not have a dive team and available for the family to participate in the KGRC Dive Team.
Membership units shall be entitled to full use of the facilities subject to the by-laws and applicable rules and regulations. A membership unit consists of one household of:
- (i) not more than two adults and their minor children who reside with them;
(ii) unmarried adult children who, as of January 1 of any membership year, are not older than 25 years of age; normally reside with such member; or are full-time students at a recognized educational institution.
Use of the facilities by all other relatives or persons residing with a member shall be permitted only upon approval by the Board of Directors, payment of applicable fees established in accordance with Article VIII, Section 5, and official registration as resident relatives.