2019 Meet Schedule
2019 Meet Schedule
Last Updated: April 16, 2019
|June 25||6:00 pm||Hayfield Farm||Hayfield Farm|
|July 2||6:00 pm||Tuckahoe||Kent Gardens|
|July 9||6:00 pm||Chesterbrook||Chesterbrook|
|July 16||6:00 pm||Great Falls||Kent Gardens|
|July 23||6:00 pm||Pinecrest||Kent Gardens|
For directions to all away meets, please visit the NVSL Diving website.
**Although the Tuesday meets begin at 6:00 p.m., divers must arrive at KGRC at 3:00 p.m. to check-in with the coaches before traveling to away meets. Parents, if you need to arrange a ride for your child to an away meet, please do so in advance and provide your child with a snack and/or money to purchase snacks/dinner at the meet. For home meets, divers must arrive at KGRC at 4:00 p.m. to warm-up.
For each KGRC diver in a meet, the coaches will fill out a meet sheet listing the dive, position and degree of difficulty for each dive. Most divers on the team will dive in all of the Tuesday night meets; however, the team is limited to entering only 32 divers per meet and the coaches will determine who is diving in a meet based on this limit and the needs of the team in the various age categories.
Coaches will notify individuals if they are diving in any of the following meets. Generally, all divers who will not be diving in the Divisional meet will dive in the Cracker Jack Invitational Championship Meet.
|Sunday, July 14||8:00 am||Wally Martin||Oak Marr Rec Center|
|Sunday, July 21||8:00 am||Cracker Jack||Sideburn Run|
|Sunday, July 28||8:00 am||Divisionals||Tuckahoe|
|Sunday, August 4||8:00 am||All Stars||Springfield|
Additional Meet Info
Divers are grouped into four age-based categories, with age determined as of June 1, 2019. The number of required dives for each age group is as follows:
- Freshmen (10 and under): Front dive, back dive and 1 optional dive (or jump)
- Juniors (11 and 12): Front dive, back dive and 2 optional dives
- Intermediates (13 and 14): Front dive, back dive and 3 optional dives
- Seniors (15 and up): Front dive, back dive, inward dive and 3 optional dives
Dives are performed in one of the following positions:
- Tuck – knees bent, body in a compact ball
- Pike – body bent at the hips, legs straight
- Lay-out – body straight, no bend in the legs or body
- Free – a combination of the other positions (available for twisting dives)