Welcome to the 2019 Pre-Season
Welcome to the 2019 Pre-Season
Dear KGRC Members,
Annual General Meeting
Many thanks to all who attended the Annual General Meeting on Sunday, January 27th, and to those who submitted their proxies! The meeting was informative and productive, with highlights including:
- Re-electing 4 board members for another term
- An overview of 2018-2019 finances: 2018 was a banner year for the Snack Shack, and pool maintenance expenses were fairly minimal. Projected 2019 expenses will include some facility improvements – including new tables & benches!
- An update on our lifeguard and pool management service: After a successful RFP in Fall 2018, the Club is bringing on a new company for 2019. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for an announcement and hiring information for lifeguards!
- Reports from our swim and dive teams on their amazing division-winning seasons and exciting plans for another fun Dolphin summer in 2019. Registration will be held in the spring!
- An update on the process for planning a potential renovation of the Club’s 1950s-era pool. The Club has retained LAB Architects to begin the master planning process. Look for opportunities to get involved later this year!
The meeting ended on a fun note with a group of young KGRC Dolphins drawing our first Snack Shack Dolphin Bucks raffle. Congratulations to the Polizzi family!
Membership Renewal Information
We are happy to let you know that Early Renewal is now open (and that our fees did not increase this year).
During the early-bird renewal period, which ends on March 15th, a Regular Membership renewal is $575 and a Senior Membership renewal is $345. After March 15th, a Regular Membership renewal is $625 and a Senior Membership renewal is $370. The Guaranteed Renewal Deadline is April 15th, after which your renewal is not guaranteed and we will begin to offer membership to our ever-growing wait list.
To renew your membership, please click on the Registration link on the KGRC web site. There is a "Forget Your Password?" feature on the Login page if you have forgotten your password (and a new "Forget Your Login?"). Once you login, you'll click on the Memberships tab to open the "Membership Manager" and see the "Swim Memberships Available for Enrollment". Click "Sign Up" next to the membership level that applies to you.
Per the Club by-laws, which can be found on the "Important Documents" page of the KGRC web site,
"Membership units shall be entitled to full use of the facilities subject to the by-laws and applicable rules and regulations. A membership unit consists of one household of: (i) not more than two adults and their minor children who reside with them; (ii) unmarried adult children who, as of January 1 of any membership year, are not older than 25 years of age; normally reside with such member; or are full-time students at a recognized educational institution."
In registering family members, please note that children under 11 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible caregiver and will not be issued a membership card.
Child Care Provider and Resident Relatives
Child care providers and other resident relatives must be registered with the Club and will be issued their own membership card. Registration of a child care provider or resident relative entails payment of $100 fee for each person. When considering your use of the pool this summer, it may be more cost-effective to purchase guest passes for resident relatives.
If you have been a member in good standing for ten consecutive years and find that you are using the pool less frequently, you may like to take advantage of our Dolphin Membership. Dolphin Memberships give each member access to the pool facilities on twenty days over the course of a single season. Dolphin Memberships are $150 per person, limit two per household.
If you want to keep your membership in good standing but will not use the pool this season, select this membership. Memberships are non-transferrable and void if not renewed each year or deferred by payment of the $100 Inactive Membership fee.
Opening Day (May 25th) is only 108 days away!
Membership Director - 2018/19
Kent Gardens Recreation Club