KGRC Phase 2: More Swimmers & Diving Too!
KGRC Phase 2: More Swimmers & Diving Too!
Hello Kent Gardens Families,
It has been so nice to see your happy faces over the past several days enjoying the pool, exercise and refreshing water! It’s a joy to have this ability to relish the warm days of summer at the pool, especially during this extraordinary time. We all cherish our pool days and we’re glad to make it happen! As mentioned, we will continue to tweak protocols at the club to align with swimming pool guidelines set out by the Governor of Virginia, local and state health departments and by our own limitations.
Please read more about KGRC’s Phase 2 and how you can continue to enjoy the club…
More Swimmers, More Time + Dive!
As part of our own Phase 2 and to align with the Phase 2 guidelines by the Governor and health departments, KGRC will now allow up to 3 swimmers per lane as well as 3 divers per diving area. We will also extend the reservation times to 50 minutes. (This gives staff a 10 minute break for cleaning between reservations.)
Lap swimming will continue but with 3 persons per lane with 10 feet of social distancing per swimmer. The distancing requirement is in effect in the water at all times, even for families from the same household. This means stopping at opposite ends of the pool from the swimmer in the lane next to you or in the middle of the pool. For now, members may continue to reserve a lane for an individual swimmer by reserving all spaces in a lane. (As additional members participate in Phase 2, reserving the lane for single swimmers may need to be rescinded.)
The diving board will be open but limited to 3 persons per diving area with 10 feet of physical distance between each diver. (This space is marked on the deck.) You may not sign up to reserve all three spots as a single diver. Only diving is permitted in the dive well.
Please be considerate when signing up. There are many families at Kent Gardens ready to enjoy the pool. Follow the 3 and 3 guideline: Please reserve your spot no more than 3 days in advance and book no more than 3 total reservations per week, per household. You may add your name to an open slot for the next day after 9PM without counting against your 3/week limit. KGRC is a family; let’s be kind to each other.
In addition, if you will not be able to make your scheduled time, please go into the Sign up Genius to delete your reservation; this allows others to reserve the available slot. (Thank you to those who have also shared their newly opened time on our Facebook page, what a great idea!)
Reminders about COVID-19 Protocols:
Even though pools and area businesses are slowly opening, we are still in the midst of a pandemic and there are precautions we all must take. Below are some of the protocols in place at KGRC. Remember, the guidelines issued to us change often; we will continue to amend our club protocols as necessary. A full list of rules is on the KGRC website and there is a hard copy at the front desk.
- First and foremost, if within the past 14 days you have had a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms, or have been exposed to anyone that has, or if you believe you might have the coronavirus, please do not come to the pool.
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled time and maintain a 6 ft social distance while waiting to check in.
- Personal protection equipment (PPE) - a face mask covering your nose and mouth- is required any time you are moving about the pool area. Do not wear a mask while in the water.
- When you arrive at the pool, before you check in, the pool attendant will ask you about your health. You will need to answer basic questions about your health and exposure to the coronavirus. These questions are listed on the website and are posted at the Club entrance.
- Arrive at the pool showered and wearing your swimsuit as the bathhouse will be closed. There will not be an opportunity to shower or change after your swim time.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. are designated for members age 65+ and those with pre-existing, “high risk” health conditions.
- Bathrooms will be available only for emergencies and staff use.
- 10 feet of social distance is required on the pool deck between people not in the same household. 10 feet of social distance is required by everyone in the water!
Please keep in mind that the rules are written by the Board to comply with legal requirements. We understand the new rules are cumbersome; however, they are mandatory. Please do not question a lifeguard or attendant about these rules. If you have a question or concern about the procedures, please contact the manager on duty or a Board member.
The KGRC Staff:
We are happy to see familiar faces on our staff. For a few of our lifeguards and attendants, this is their first job. We appreciate your patience and kindness toward the staff. Please assist the staff during these extraordinary times by maintaining 10-foot distancing and limiting contact and conversations.
The Managers and Lifeguards are responsible for maintaining COVID-19 mitigation compliance for safety - yours and theirs. Some of these protocols include:
- Answering health screening questions at check-in and recording arrivals
- Maintaining social distance requirements in and out of the pool
- Disinfecting tables and railings every hour between lane reservations
- Wearing appropriate PPE while interacting with members and other staff
- Cleaning the facility at the end of each shift
- Self-reporting any contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- All employees are being screened each day for COVID-19 symptoms
- Lifeguarding the pools
As noted above, any questions about pool safety measures should be directed to the pool manager on duty or the Board of Directors, not the lifeguards.
We appreciate your patience and courtesy during these challenging times. While some of these conditions are not ideal, we are moving in the right direction. We are grateful to the members who have continued to support KGRC and the positive feedback we have received about our efforts to provide access to the pool. Please reach out to the Board of Directors President, Meghan Thomas, [email protected] with any questions.
See you at the pool!
The KGRC Board of Directors