Family Free Swim Starts July 5th!
Family Free Swim Starts July 5th!
Dear KGRC Members,
The 4th of July at Kent Gardens is always such a fun day! We are sad to not have lively music, frozen t-shirt relays or pie eating contests at the pool, but please know, we wish we could offer all this to you!
We are, however, very happy to announce the beginning of Family Free Swim! Starting Sunday, July 5, families can now enjoy free or recreational swim in addition to lap swimming at the pool. KGRC will continue to follow the state, local and federal guidelines for COVID-19 mitigation, but the lifting of a few restrictions in Virginia’s Phase 3 plan allows for families to swim together, and swim for recreation too.
For the most part, the process will remain similar. You must still reserve a 50 minute swim time, answer questions about the health of each family member upon check in, wear a mask and you MUST stay 10 feet from anyone not in your family. This social distancing rule is the reason we are able to open this summer and we do not want it to be a reason to reinstitute limitations. Every member must adhere to these rules. (Please refer to the KGRC COVID-19 Protocols on the KGRC website for a reminder of the complete rules). Here are some of the changes you will see:
- When signing up for Family Free Swim, you may sign up for a swim section numbered 1 through 6- either lanes or “pods”. Each swim section has a corresponding deck space ("Cabana"), with a table and umbrella. You should use your “cabana” for your belongings. You are also welcome to lounge in your cabana space, but we are requiring that you BYOC (bring your own chair). Sign up HERE.
- Your reservation is for your family only. Only members of the same household may share a swim section and cabana. You must maintain a 10 foot distance from all others in the pool who are not in your same household.
- Sign ups for the Baby Pool and Diving remain the same. (There is not a lounging space for a dive reservation.)
- The bathrooms will be open for use if needed, but the showers and changing rooms are still closed. You still need to arrive at the pool showered (per health department rules) and dressed in your swimsuit. You will not be able to shower or change before leaving the pool.
- Pool check in, deck entry, and exit pathways and process remain the same.
- Don’t forget your mask! Masks are required whenever you are moving around the pool deck. Do not wear your mask in the pool.
A few reminders about check in & your membership:
All members 11 and older must present a membership card to be scanned at check in. If you have lost your card, please contact [email protected] for a replacement ($5 fee).
We want to be sure we have the information about your entire family correct in the KGRC system. Please take a minute to log into your account to update your family and double check your contact information.
Again, the Board of Directors is pleased that the Governor of Virginia has allowed pools to relax some of the COVID-related restrictions, but we must all remember that we are very much still in the midst of a pandemic. We are open because we agree to practice social distancing of 10 feet, wear masks and keep our pool area clean and disinfected. Please continue to follow the rules as they relate to COVID-19. The KGRC staff will enforce these rules so if they need to give you a reminder, please respect their position. The staff is working hard to ensure your health safety as well as your safety in the water.
Enjoy the pool time. The Board of Directors President, Meghan Thomas, is always happy to answer questions or hear your suggestions - [email protected].
We wish you all a healthy, safe and happy Fourth of July!
See you at the pool,
The KGRC Board of Directors